Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made it one of the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, this CMS is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Installation of Joomla
- Upload the archive to a document root of a domain or a subdirectory – depends on where you want to install the script
- Extract files in cPanel File Manager
- Create a MySQL database for the installation
- Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files mysite.com or mysite.com/directory if you want to install it to a sub-directory
If any of the above checks fails – feel free to contact our Support Team for a rapid resolution of the issue.
- On the database configuration step, put all necessary database details
- On Main Configuration step you will be asked to put site name and admin access data.
Password: the one, you’ve specified on this step
Admin area is accessible via the following
- Choose Install Default Sample Data – for initial installation.
- Choose Load Migration Script to load external content via migration script (for advanced users)
[alert style="danger"]As soon as the installation is finished do not forget to remove ‘installation’ directory from installation folder[/alert]
Now it’s all ready for you to spice the installation with awesome extensions from the community.
[alert]Don’t forget to keep your instance up to date and schedule backups of files and database.[alert]
Was this article helpful?